There’s no such thing as the one right way when it comes to approaching your customer. Every consumer, who visits your website, is unique and should be handled with a different approach. The expertise of sales team can be demonstrated by the way it handles its customers. If the salespersons are using the same script for all customers, they have a lot in their sale strategies to work on. A team that constantly improvise its sales approach with respect to the customer nature reaps better results and is capable of handling multiple situations, whether they are pleasant or awkward.
Here, we have discussed some of the common types of customers that a sales team handle and the best treatments they should get. These methods can keep the whole experience helpful and memorable for your customers.
Types of customers a sale person encounters
You can divide your customers into groups, depending on their standing in the sales funnel. You’ll be able to make a list of customers, including everyone from those who are not so eager for making a purchase to those womb-to-tomb devotees of your brand that keep on coming back for more and more.
Depending on where you position them into your sales funnel, you are going to meet their needs and questions in a different way. Besides, you should also consider the reason why your customers are buying from you; everybody has his or her own reasons to like your product. This will also help you tempt a customer that is on the verge of making a purchase and turn him or her into a devoted fan.
Let’s have a look at the five sales-oriented types of customers we have shortlisted here.
1. Prospective Customer
The prospective customer is at the starting line of your sales funnel. To be precise, s/he may not be your customer at the very moment; however, the way you treat them may make or break a valuable lead. You have to give them a complete treatment and make them feel valued.
Potential customers need nurturing and persuasion prior to making a purchasing decision. They have already presented some interest in your brand, either by making an inquiry on one of your support platforms, filling in a contact form, registering for a newsletter or simply visiting your website through other lead generation methods.
This interest sets your prospective customers apart from other website visitors. Now it’s your chance to use that spark of interest for converting him into a paying client.
Here’s how to deal with prospective customers:
- Make them feel valued: You can benefit from the interest by clearly demonstrating them what value they can drive from your product. You can direct him to a resource such as a case study or a landing page that will complete the task for you.
- Look helpful: Allow your potential customer to know that whenever they need help or advice, you are there for them! Even if your prospects won’t need it right now, they will be grateful for the offer.
2. New Customer
There are the fresh customers that have just purchased from you. They are still learning the ins and outs of your product. You have to do all it takes to make their first experience with your brand smooth.
Even though you have got a sale, your work is not done here if your customers still need your help. If your customers won’t get it, they may not feel any good about your product. The time and effort you saved from not helping your new customers cannot make up for the future business you’ll lose by the negative marketing these customers would do. Long story short, once a customer buys something from you, it’s your responsibility to guide them about how to use it.
Here’s how to deal with the new customer:
- Steer them to the success path: You can earn a long-lasting customer by investing a bit of your time into explaining how your product works and making sure the new customer knows how to use it. Having a proper, easy to understand onboarding process can be helpful.
- Leave the “doors to help” open: Even if you provide an automated onboarding to your new customers, there should be a live customer service option accessible on the website. It will be great for situations when your customers have a query that’s not answered in the onboarding process.
3. Discount Customer
These customers are the one who sees their favorite watch from outside the store and buys it once it is offered at discounted rates. They are aware of your brand’s value, yet they wait for an appealing deal or discount. You can help by informing them about a deal they cannot say no to.
In order to raise the chances of persuading such customers to buy, you need to make them understand that they’re not only purchasing a product at discounted rates but will get 24/7 customer service along with the purchase.
You have to show them additional value to make these customers think twice before leaving your website.
Here’s how to deal with the discount customer:
- Elucidate the deal: Explicate your deal inside out to escape any confusion. These customers may also need be backed up for entering a discount code, so you have to ensure that your team knows the details of the deal.
- Provide extra value: You need to remember that your discount customer keeps on buying from you if they get something more than the initial offering. They need to have something that they can’t have anywhere else.
4. Impulsive Customers
An agent’s dream is the customer that lands on their website with credit card and extremely motivated to purchase. Such customers are the one to neglect some major fears, uncertainties, and misgivings on your site because they’re ready to buy!
As obvious, these customers are not required to be convinced to make a purchase. Warming them up with value proposition is not much needed. What they really need is an easy way to make a purchase. The faster and simpler your process is, higher will be the chances for customers to make a purchase.
Get all the distraction out of your customer’s way and here’s how exactly you need to deal with impulsive customers
- The straightest route to check out: Whether you have an impulsive customer or not, having a simple process is beneficial for your website sales. Make sure you customer don’t need a manual if they want to buy something from you on your website. The fewer clicks it is required to buy, the better.
- Quick and concise answer: You should be too the point with such customers. You also have to provide the response fast. If you take too much time, the buying impulse will weaken and your customer will leave your website.
5. Loyal Customers
All your efforts pay off when you turn a usual customer into the loyal one. These customers will keep coming back to your website for more and can help you a lot in achieving your sales target. Besides making a real impact on your proceeds, these customers will also be your brand’s ambassador.
These customers will help you succeed through word of mouth. They will recommend your brand into their circles and route a big stream of new customers to your site.
Here’s how to deal with loyal customers:
- Study their experience: have a keen attention towards determining what turned them into loyal customers and make sure that your other customers have the same experience.
- Give them a platform: it is beneficial to feature him in the case study of your website. Social proof is powerful enough to attract your potential customers.
So, these were the valuable tips to remember when it comes to providing your customers with the first-class experience. It’s not just what live chat can offer, it’s how you get to benefit from it. Get the best out of it! If live chat seems to be something you cannot afford, consider different website chat outsourcing services offered by outsourcing companies.
Moreover, if you know other types of sales customers too, let us know. We would love to increase the list by including more names.
WordPress9 months ago
15+ Web Design and Development WordPress Agencies to Look Out – 2021
WordPress9 months ago
Top WordPress Design and Development Agencies with Creative Projects
WordPress10 months ago
25 Most Successful WordPress Agency Businesses and Companies Today
Featured8 months ago
Everything You Need To Know About Cannabinoids
WordPress9 months ago
Best WordPress Themes and Templates for Digital Agencies in 2021
Shopify9 months ago
Best Shopify Agencies and Developer Reviews
Entertainment9 months ago
Tips for Discounted Disney gift cards
Business6 months ago
Top 10 Prestashop eCommerce Development Companies in India You Should Know